"I would recommend the services of "Vanman Express Ltd" to one and all any time as the delivery had obviously been arranged to perfection."
"From providing the inital (very competitive) quotation to the delivery of the last items, we found your service to be top quality."
Mr & Mrs Hughes
"The two were friendly, approachable, and extremely helpful when we needed help with collecting items bought in the Spanish area prior to their return home. We have no hesitation in recommending their services."
Van Man Express are proud to work with Storage Giant
, based in Newport and Cardiff.
We also offer competitive storage rates
for household furniture to storing vehicles, the storage warehouse is fully alarmed and CCTV is fitted all-round.
PLANNING YOUR MOVE
One Month before Moving
- Gather moving supplies, boxes, tape, rope.
- If moving far away, make any necessary travel arrangements like airline, hotel, and rental car reservations.
- Select a removal company.
- Place legal, medical, and insurance records in a safe and accessible place.
- Give your mailers your new address :
- Friends and family members
- Banks, insurance companies, and other financial institutions.
- Store card and credit card companies.
- Doctors, dentists, and other service providers.
- Any government agencies as needed.
- Make maps of your new neighbourhood to familiarise yourself and your family with your new area.
Two Weeks before Moving
- Inform gas, electric, water, cable/sky and local telephone services of your move. Sign up for services at your new address.
- Recruit moving-day help.
- Arrange to close or transfer your bank account, if appropriate.
One Day before Moving
- All appliances to be unplummed. i.e washing machine/dish washer/cooker.
- Fridges & Freezers to be emptied and defrosted.
Day of the Move
- All beds to be undone and dismantled.
- TV and video recorders to be unpluged.
- Any fragile items in boxes to be marked fragile or glass.
- All items to be emptied from chests of drawers.
- Keep the following supplies and accessories on hand:
- Boxes, all sizes
- Bubble wrap or other cushioning material
- Marking pens
- Tape measure
- Packing tape and scissors
- Money and credit cards
- Label each box with the room in the new home to which it should be delivered.
- Number the boxes and keep a list of what is in each box.
- Clearly mark fragile items.
- Pack a bag of personal items you'll need during the move (change of clothes, toiletries, medicine, maps, food, and drinks). Keep it in an easy-to-find place when you pack.
- Keep a medical kit accessible.
- If you have children, pack a bag of games and activities for the trip.